Monday, May 25, 2009

What is a Whittling Chip???




POCKETKNIFE PLEDGE
I understand the reason for safety rules.
I will treat my pocketknife with the respect due a useful tool.
I will always close my pocketknife and put it away when I'm not using it.
I will not use my pocketknife when it might injure someone near me.
I promise never to throw my pocketknife for any reason.
I will use my pocketknife in a safe manner at all times.





Chips & Shavings Quiz


1. A knife is NOT a toy.
True False

2. A dull knife is safer than a sharp knife.
True False

3. Dirt on a knife blade helps keep it sharp.
True False

4. A knife is handy for cutting bark off trees.
True False

5. Never carve your initials on anything that does NOT belong to you.
True False

6. A pocket knife should always be closed when it is not in use.
True False


1. Close the blade with the ________________ of your hand.

2. A __________________ should never be used on something that will dull or break it.


1. Always keep your knife ( dry / wet ) so it will not rust.

2. When using a knife, do not make ( big / little ) shavings or chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment